Mapserver damn slow

Pascal Ehlert dadark at DADARK.DE
Sun Jun 17 05:59:28 EDT 2007

Me again..

I finally had some time to benchmark the mapserver and was shocked when
I saw the results ;-)
Using the newest mapserver, fastcgi with lighttpd (with apache and
normal CGI it's even slower), PNG as output format, three layers (the
whole African continent) from PostGIS and
truetype fonts I came to only 3.9 requests/s.. That is damn slow, isn't it?
Ok, the server has only 2GHz and 512MB of RAM but there's nothing else
running on it.

I don't know what I could optimize further.. Any ideas?

Thank you

Pascal