Draft Questionaire: MapServer Mapping Frameworks (comment please)

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Mon Jun 18 11:30:16 EDT 2007

Robert,

I don't have a specific name for this capability, but the ability to
handle separate layers individually, via separate MAPFILEs, as overlays.
  I have a Client Framework listing that I will add to you inventory,
that allows the use of multiple MAPFILEs on the Server (same Domain [So
far]).

I also don't see a way of indicating what data formats that the
client(s) can work with?   WMS, WFS, Georeferenced Raster files, etc.

Home page URL (as you already have listed) and possibly a DEMO URL, to
jump right into a DEMO interface.

One last thing, might be a method of separating out a short general
description from a longer more detailed description via an extra page
link, where the detailed description could be a separate page, might be
better to do this as a link to applications home page though instead.
The biggest reason I suggest this is so any MapServer specific
information could be included here as well.  While our Framework has
been developed against MapServer, it could be used with just about any
Mapping service for example.

Some things I may be interested in, and probably not something for
general acceptability would be (your call) :
Navigation tool listing (wheel mouse actions, etc)
Saving of "state" in the Client App.
Services integration (Jump to Item capabilities, Startup of interface
using a specific location)
Theming capabilities, can the interface be themed (by design I guess)
Usage License type.
You did ask.  :c)

bobb

>>> "Burgholzer,Robert" <rwburgholzer at DEQ.VIRGINIA.GOV> wrote:
OK, here is the information that I am considering including in the
page
on "MapServer  Mapping Frameworks".  Please feel free to suggest
changes/clarifications, additions or subtractions.

MapServer Mapping Framework Questionnaire:

Project Name:
URL:=20
Capabilities (Yes/No/or explain):
- Edit or create mapfiles?
- Edit shapes (postGIS or other please specify)?
- Support login/authentication?
- Client-only or Client/Server?

Requirements, languages/libraries:
- Please indicate if Required or Optional
- Ex: PHP, Python, C#, DHTML, Java, JavaScript, PROJ4, other

General Description:

Examples (URLs):

Robert W. Burgholzer
Surface Water Modeler