HTML Legend opt_flag=13 for Class block not working?

Wed Jun 20 16:32:45 EDT 2007

Ei Fujioka wrote:

> What I want to do is hide classes whose status is off.
> Based on the HTML legend reference
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/html_legend), I set opt_flag=13
> for [leg_class_html].
> However, all classes show up regardless of the status.
> How can I hide classes having status off?

It seems that this flag only applies to the layer status, not the class
status. Here is what the docs says, which was confirmed by reviewing the
source:

"2: If set, show layer even if status is OFF (default: hide layers with
STATUS OFF)."

There is currently no way to hide classes with status OFF. I am starting
to wonder if this was intentional or if we just forgot to hide classes
with status off by default in the initial implementation (with the
option to set opt_flags|=2 to enable them).

> Another question related to this is that if I can do the same thing for
> a traditional image legend.

There is very little control on what is generated by the traditional
image legend and none of the opt_flags stuff works there.

I just had a quick look at the image legend generation code and it also
ignores the class status, so in this respect both legend types are
consistent.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette