mis-joined tiles.

Dave Weaver dave.weaver at ZEN.CO.UK
Thu Jun 21 09:47:49 EDT 2007

Richard Greenwood <richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>On 6/19/07, Dave Weaver <dave.weaver at zen.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'm experiencing a problem with horizontal lines on some of my maps, like
this:

>> http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whitelinewm2.jpg
>>
>> The lines only appear at some zoom levels, and at some tile sizes. For
>> example this request:
>>
>>http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=map/Media_Base_Brown.map&amp;layers=lod5&styles=&service=WMS&width=256&format=image/jpeg&request=GetMap&height=256&srs=EPSG:54004&amp;version=1.1.1&bbox=-20037508.34,0.0,0.0,20037508.34
>
> We can't see your localhost. Maybe post a screen shot or an accessible url.

 I did. Look 8 or so lines up. The 2nd URL was just a sample of the URL I'm
using to access the data, in case there was anything relevant there.

>I always build tiles with  a few pixels of overlap between tiles. I
>got in this habit due to problems with other software (not MapServer)
>so I'm not sure that it is important with MapServer.

Unfortunately my source files for my map are in non-overlapping tiles. It
would be a lot of work to make them overlapping.

The best work-around I have so far is to tweak the upper/lower latitude
boundary values by a faction of a degree, but I'm not entirely happy with
this solution. Ah well.

Thanks for the input.
Dave.