Specifying gdal input driver for mapserver

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at PMLDNET.COM
Mon Jun 25 18:20:36 EDT 2007

Norman,

GDAL has a very nice way to handle plug-ins dlls that I think should be
a solution for your. By using this technique you don't need to recompile
FWTools or MapServer in order to override the driver. That is what I am
doing with GDAL in ESRI stuff.

You need to compile a gdal_jpeg.dll based on the library your prefer and
then you can set the GDAL_DRIVER_PATH on the MapServer environment to
point to the folder where this dll resides.

You need to make sure that the plugin dll is compiled with the same GDAL
version as GDAL in MapServer (and FWTools if you want) and you should
also make sure that you are using VS2003/VC71.

Ivan