Specifying gdal input driver for mapserver

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Mon Jun 25 19:08:48 EDT 2007

Hi Norman,

I am sure I have been able to select between JP2ECW and JP2KAK drivers in FWTools Mapserver version in some way, because I have been doing some speed comparisons by doing so.  I can't find right now how I did it.  I think that if GDAL has several drivers for an image format, which is the case with JPEG2000, it selects the first it finds, but there is some way to tell GDAL to _skip_ a driver.  Then the next driver in a row will be selected.  Frank Warmerdam. revealed the trick but I couldn't find the mail from Mapserver or gdal-dev archives yet.  Anyway, I believe you should be able to use JP2KAK with FWTools in a simple way if you find out how to skip the JP2ECW driver.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Norman Barker
Sent: Mon 25.6.2007 21:03
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Specifying gdal input driver for mapserver

Hi,

Is there a way to specify the GDAL input driver for MapServer?  I would
like to choose JP2KAK over JP2ECW on a windows machine?  Normally I
would compile GDAL with just the driver I need, but I want to use
FWTools for ease of deployment on Windows.

It seems that the JP2ECW driver doesn't handle colour too well on some
of my images, and also there is the license problem.

Many thanks,

Norman Barker