lib-gd strange error

bhlevca bogdan at HLEVCA.COM
Tue Jun 26 13:20:31 EDT 2007

I had similar experiences using the Python mapscript API on a 64 bits
platform with 10.1

I can generate images from the script directly, but when using the script
under apache it crashes somewhere in ming library when is adding the image
to the movie.

I checked the memory locations and the allocation is done in the 2 distinct
cases at different locations.

I believe is something related to initialization of memory, I looked in the
code and there are may places where variables are not initialized, which is
bad thing. I some places memset is correctly used.

Please let me know if you found a solution to your problem. I don't
understand how Apache2 changes the allocation , yet. I made sure that the
environment is passed correctly and it is identical in both cases.
I had the exactly same code running fine on 32 bit Linux.

Bogdan