transparent symbols

Nuria González nataprivate at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 1 08:30:31 EST 2007

Hi,

I set a symbol definition in the .map file:

SYMBOL
  NAME "imgmonasterio"
  TYPE PIXMAP
  IMAGE "stern.png"
  TRANSPARENT 13
END

and in the class of the layer (of type point) I set:
STYLE
  COLOR 255 255 0
END
STYLE
    SYMBOL "imgmonasterio"
    COLOR 0 0 0
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
END

but I get the image inside a white rectangle. I try with stern.gif (that is
a transparent image) but I got the same result.
I try it in a layer of type polygon and it works ok. Then, I don't
understand how the TRANSPARENT label works. It is only possible for polygon
layers?

Thanks in advance.