Google Maps as Mapserver Layer

Richie Pierce rpierce at ACTGEOSPATIAL.COM
Thu Mar 1 11:54:14 EST 2007

Like many of you we have space limitations when it comes to our raster
files.  We just received notice however that Google will be integrating our
new Statewide ortho flight into their Google Maps/Earth service.  This is
exciting for me because it will allow me to get access to our statewide
imagery without needing the space on my own server.  I was wondering if it
was possible to use Google Maps imagery as a layer in my map file.  I am
using Mapserver and OpenLayers on some of my sites which will work
wonderfully.  But I also have other sites that I'm using a custom Mapserver
interface, and I'd like add the new orthos.

Any help would be great, Thanks

Richie Pierce

Sr GIS Analyst

a.c.t.GeoSpatial, Inc.