FreeBSD6.1 Install

Milo van der Linden mlinden at ZEELANDNET.NL
Fri Mar 2 08:21:37 EST 2007

Hello list,

I am currently installing MapServer on a clean FreeBSD6.1 install. The
install type is minimal (Base + Kernel) after the clean install I've
CVSUP-ed the ports tree and then changed dir to:
  cd /usr/ports/graphics/mapserver
and did:
 make install

Currently, my machine is installing, but I am a bit worried, I want to keep
the installation as clean as possible as it has to be installed on a
Webserver later on. Right now my system is installing all kinds of x11 stuff
that I feel I basically should not need.

Has anyone out there good experience with installing MapServer on FreeBSD?

Any tips or tricks beside the documentation found on the MapServer website?

Would anyone care to help me upgrade the MapServer documentation on
installing on FreeBSD to FreeBSD 6.X?

Kind regards,

Milo