raster layer cannot be drawn

lauberger at GMX.DE lauberger at GMX.DE
Fri Mar 2 09:03:36 EST 2007

Hi list,

My mapserver does not display any raster layers, although, in my opinion, it is configured correctly, or let`s say in a way, that should draw raster layers:

MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

GDAL supports the following formats:

gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 xpm sdts raw dted mem jdem
envisat elas fit vrt usgsdem l1b nitf bmp pcidsk airsar rs2 ilwis rmf rik
leveller sgi idrisi wcs bsb gif jpeg png pcraster.

Yet every time I want it to display a raster layer (GeoTIFF, jpg, ...) it says:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'landsat7.tif'.
msDrawRaster(): Unable to access file. (landsat7.tif).

What could be wrong?
Best wishes and a nice weekend,

Rolf