Mapinfo Seamless Vector tables in mapserver

mikiet mike.talbutt at DOTTEDEYES.COM
Tue Mar 6 09:39:44 EST 2007

No dice eh ?, I have alittle more information in case it sheds some light on
whats going on.

I have set up the seamless table using mapinfo pro's seamless manager tool,
specifying full path. I noticed that if I do an ogrinfo on my table it works
fine

C:\Tomcat5\webapps\rmxnyf\mapbase>ogrinfo test.tab
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `test.tab'
using driver `MapInfo File' successful.
1: Area_Mosaic (Line String)

However when i specify the full path of the tab file I get an error

C:\Tomcat5\webapps\rmxnyf\mapbase>ogrinfo
C:\Tomcat5\webapps\rmxnyf\mapbase\test
.TAB
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `C:\Tomcat5\webapps\rmxnyf\mapbase\test.TAB' with
the
following drivers.
  -> OCI
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> MapInfo File
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER
  -> S57
  -> DGN
  -> VRT
  -> AVCBin
  -> REC
  -> Memory
  -> CSV
  -> GML
  -> ODBC
  -> PGeo
  -> PostgreSQL
  -> MySQL

When I do this test on a normal (non seamless) tab file ogrinfo works fine
regardless of whether or not I specify the full name.

Is this a clue as to where it's all going wrong ?.