MapScript_csharp issue with layerObj.queryByAttributes at 4.10

David Lowther dlowther at COORDINATESOLUTIONS.COM
Thu Mar 29 16:30:17 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded an ASP.NET application from 4.9 (that Tamas compiled for
me) to 4.10 (from the ms4w installation) and found existing code calling
queryByAttributes (that worked previously) no longer returns MS_SUCCESS.

Tamas mentioned that the bug could have been a result of one of the
following changes, though I do not know for certain if the changes were the
cause:

2006 02 02 1:53 sdlime    Fixed bug when doing repeated queries where

you make a layer not queryable then it is possible the results for that
layer can persist. (bug 1550)

2006 02 02 2:00 sdlime    Moved the code to free previous query

results a bit higher in the msQueryByAttribute() function.

Tamas eliminated the issue by disabling PHP_REGEX in nmake.opt. I've tested
the binaries he sent me and can confirm that this fixes the problem.  I'm
posting to notify of the bug and remedy.

David Lowther

Coordinate Solutions, Inc.

501 N.E. 15th Street

Oklahoma City, OK 73104