MapInfo Styleitem AUTO

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 1 11:18:28 EDT 2007

I did some upgrades over the weekend that have caused STYLEITEM AUTO
to stop working on a Slackware 11.0 server. I upgraded
postgres/postgis to the current versions and in the process decided to
upgrade gdal from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1. I tested the upgrade on my
development machine, a Mac w/ OS X, and it works fine.

But on the Slackware machine I upgraded postgre/postgis and GDAL and
rebuilt MapServer 4.10.0 and MapInfo layers with STYLEITEM AUTO fail
to draw. Specifically, in the Apache log is a 500 error (server error)
and nothing is written to the mapserver log file.

I tried going back to GDAL 1.3.2 with a make, make install, and then
rebuilding mapserver, but with same results. I also tried with
mapserver 4.10.1.

Any suggestions on where to look for the error, or how to get back to
where I was before I did the upgrade?

Thanks,
Rich

--