Raster layer - Howto?

Pascal Ehlert dadark at DADARK.DE
Thu Nov 1 06:34:10 EDT 2007

Gregor Mosheh wrote:
> I don't have a world file handy at the moment, but it only took me
> about 5 minutes to learn it for the first time. Name the worldfile
> land_shallow_topo_8192.tfw and gdalinfo will automagically detect
> it and suddenly change its tone. :)

Sorry, apparently I'm not as clever as you are.. ;-)
I'm totally new to the GIS sector and thus don't really understand
the terms used there and the techniques behind.

Would you (or someone else, of course) mind giving me an example
world file with a few comments, so that I can understand it?
Unfortunately I couldn't find such an example on the web.

Thank you again.

Pascal