state plane shapefile

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at PROPERTYKEY.COM
Fri Nov 2 11:33:24 EDT 2007

John Cole wrote:
> Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a shapefile that has all of the
> state-plain projection zones for the US?

I have a list of counties & their zones (well, EPSG codes for those
zones at least) that I've joined against the TIGER counties layers.
It's located at ftp://ftp.propertykey.com/pub/files/gis/county_sp.zip

I don't have a source for the list, so use it at your own risk.  I know
there's one county (Maricopa, AZ) that is shown in a different zone than
I expected (all of the data we get for that county seems to be AZ
Central but it's shown as AZ East; I'm not sure which one is right).

--
Jeff Hoffmann
Head Plate Spinner