SLD resquest issue with EXPRESSION parameter

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Nov 5 14:14:49 EST 2007

I was able to reproduce this and the fix is commited in MapServer svn.
Ticket related to this is http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2386.
Please comment in ticket if that solved your problem and I will close
the bug.

Best Regards,

Jacolin Yves wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am using Mapserver as a OGC webserver. I am trying the GetStyles request and
> find some issues. Someone asked about this issue in the mailing list in the
> short last few monthes.
>
> I got some LAYER which contains about 12 CLASS objets, this CLASS contains
> EXPRESSION parameter. Here an exemple :
>   CLASS
>    NAME "M1 : La Défense - Château de Vincennes"
>    EXPRESSION ('[TYPE]' eq 'M' AND '[NUMERO]' eq '1' AND '[DATE_LIV]'
> < '200712')
>    COLOR 255 255 0
>    SIZE 3
>    SYMBOL 1
>   END
>
> There are 24 class like this one.
>
> If I try a GetStyles request on this kind of layer, nothing occurs (ie blank
> page), if I remove most CLASS the XML response is displayed, If I remove only
> the EXPRESSION parameter, again the XML response is displayed. So I think the
> issue is not link to the number of CLASS object, but rather with EXPRESSION
> parameter.
>
> BUT, in an other LAYER, I got only three CLASS object with EXPRESSION
> parameter, and the xml response is displayed.
>
> Finally, it seems that if a LAYER got a lot of CLASS object with EXPRESSION
> parameter inside, the XML response failed. And if a LAYER object got a lot of
> CLASS object, the XML response failed as well.
>
> I am using Mapserver 4.10. Are someone aware of this issue and know a
> workaround.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Y.

Assefa Yewondwossen