WFS features not drawing

Mike Anderson m_anderson14 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 7 08:58:42 EST 2007

I'm trying for the first time to use MapServer as a WFS client and can't get
the features to draw. They are correctly being downloaded to a .gml file in the
images folder along with a .gfs file. So I think the connection is set up right,
but they don't draw on the map.

I am trying to add the ssurgo layer from the Soil Data Mart. Here is my layer
definition:

LAYER
  NAME "ssurgof"
  TYPE Line
  TRANSPARENCY 100
  DEBUG ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE WFS
  MAXSCALE 15000
  MINSCALE 300
  PROJECTION
     "init=EPSG:26918"
  END

CONNECTION "http://sdmdataaccess.nrcs.usda.gov/SPATIAL/SDMNAD83UTM.w
fs?SRSNAME=EPSG:26918"

  METADATA
    "wfs_typename" "MapunitPoly"
    "wfs_version" "1.0.0"
    "wfs_request_method" "GET"
    "wfs_connectiontimeout" "60"
    "wfs_maxfeatures" "15"
  END

  CLASS
    NAME "Soil Features"
    STYLE
      COLOR 200 255 0
      SYMBOL "circle"
      OUTLINECOLOR 120 120 120
    END
  END

  #CLASS
  #    Name 'Soil Features'
  #    TEMPLATE "querytemp.html"
  #    SYMBOL "circle"
  #    COLOR -1 -1 -1
  #    OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
  #    SIZE 2
  #END  # CLASS

END # LAYER

I thought maybe the features were drawing but the class was messed up and
they weren't visible, so I tried two ways to define the class. Neither one works.

Anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks.

Mike Anderson