WFS POST requests: "No template provided" error

Frank Steggink frank.steggink at BENTLEY.COM
Thu Nov 8 11:18:17 EST 2007

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it
didn't work. I'm getting the following ServiceException:

<ServiceExceptionReport
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/OGC-exception.xsd">
  <ServiceException>
msWFSDispatch(): WFS server error. Incomplete WFS request: VERSION parameter
missing
  </ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

The URL is http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/envdat/map.aspx?SERVICE=WFS& and the post
data is the same as in the original message.

It really looks like MapServer only accepts GET request for WFS. So, the simple
fix you suggested will probably not be enough. I'm going to file a ticket.
In case
something needs to be tested, please let me know.

Frank