color palettes

"Weißmann, Markus" Markus.Weissmann at LGN.NIEDERSACHSEN.DE
Fri Nov 9 03:14:50 EST 2007

Hello,

i noticed that mapserver generate a fix color palette for raster data
requests whatever the color palette from the original raster datas says. So
i want to influence the color palette of the response picture. I try to
instruct the GDAL reader to apply a custom LUT (lookup table). I have read
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data/#special-processing-dir
ectives
<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data/#special-processing-dir
ectives> ) that one can achieve this with following entry:

<lut_spec> = <in_value>:<out_value>[,<in_value>:<out_value>]*

I tried it (inline specified):

  LAYER
    NAME  test
    PROCESSING "LUT=2:74"
    TYPE   RASTER

  END #layer

Another trying was this:

 OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME png
   DRIVER "GD/PNG"
   EXTENSION "png"
   FORMATOPTION "LUT=2:74"
 END

But there is not any effect. What am i doing wrong?

Regards
Markus Weißmann