Problem with loading Demo Data

Mon Nov 12 14:24:56 EST 2007

Matthew Pulis wrote:

> msSaveImageGD(): Unable to access file. Unable to open file /home/yancho/
> pulic_html/tmp/ITASCA119489432912044.png for writing
>
> These are the lines I edited :
>
>         var snippet = "IMAGEPATH '/home/yancho/pulic_html/tmp/'";
>         snippet += " IMAGEURL '/~yancho/tmp/'";
>

> And I gave access 755 to the folder /tmp

Make sure /home/yancho/pulic_html/tmp/ is writable by the user running
Apache (usually one of 'apache' or 'nobody'). Access mode 755 gives only
read/execute access to those users, but write access is also needed for
the tmp directory. You need to either make the web user the owner of the
tmp directory, or use access 775 or 777 (depending on the group setting
of the directory).

Also make sure that all directories in the path leading to "tmp" are
also accessible to the web user. It is common for home directories on
Linux to be protected (700) by default, so it's possible that you also
need to 'chmod 755 /home/yancho/' to make contents of your home account
accessible to the web user.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette