SVG Labels not Wrapping

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Nov 15 16:15:39 EST 2007

Rob,

  the wrap parameter is not supported in the svg at this point. I have
filed an enhancement bug on this
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2400). There might be some
efforts  in the near future to consolidate drawing functions  so they
can be used with different output formats, this bug could be addressed
at the point.

Best Regards,

Rob McCulley wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I’m playing around with SVG output, and I’m having a problem with the
> labels.  My label class looks like this:
>

>           CLASS
>
>                TEXT (Legal: [Address]*Owner: [Owner]*[Area] Acres)
>
>                NAME "Owner Labels Small-Large"
>
>                EXPRESSION ('[Type]' eq 'label' and [Area] < 5)
>
>                MAXSCALEDENOM 1500
>
>                LABEL
>
>                     WRAP "*"
>
>                     TYPE TRUETYPE
>
>                     FONT "alberta"
>
>                     SIZE 10
>
>                     POSITION CC
>
>                     COLOR 0 0 0
>
>                     BUFFER 0
>
>                     PARTIALS FALSE
>
>                     PRIORITY 5
>
>                     FORCE TRUE
>
>                END
>
>           END
>

> If I output that to a .png file, the labels look fine, and are wrapped
> accordingly.  If I output it to an .svg file, the labels are not
> wrapped.  The ‘*’ character is removed from the label, but it is not
> wrapped.  I’ve attached a sample .png and .svg to compare.
>

> Is this something I’m doing wrong, or is this a bug?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rob McCulley

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst