Mapserv not accepting POST method

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Thu Nov 15 22:56:32 EST 2007

The web URL for "CGI-Executables" is the standard "/cgi-bin" on OSX.

Also, I believe that those other form values need to be web URLs, not
file system paths.

On Nov 15, 2007, at 9:33 PM, Jeff Copes wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Working with the MapServer, apache 1.3.33 on Mac OS Tiger.
>
> Invoking mapserv from:

> <form method=POST action="CGI-Executables/mapserv" >
> <input type="submit" value="Maps">
> <input type="hidden" name="map"
> value="/Library/WebServer/Maps/helloworld.map">
> <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath"
> value="/Library/WebServer/Images">
> </form>

> This error is displayed:
>
> The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL
> /CGI-Executables/mapserv
>
> The mapserv executable is in the CGI-Executables directory, has
> correct
> permissions, the other elements exist in the specified place, apache
> is
> working, the directories have the right permissions. Postdata is being
> flushed, browser cache is flushed. I hope this isn't something
> obvious, I
> don't need the beating.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
> --

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan