Speeding up the visualization of a shapefile with more than one million of lines

Luca Manganelli luca76 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 19 15:35:19 EST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 4:21 PM, Gregor Mosheh <gregor at hostgis.com> wrote:
> Hi, Luca.
> A bunch of us put our heads together and came up with a zillion ways to
> make maps faster, then posted it to the Mapserver website. Go to the
> Mapserver site, in the documentation, and look for "how do I make my
> maps faster" or "vector optimization"

Thank you for the reply. I have already seen those pages: I have
already tiled the big shp (42 MB) into 8x8 pieces.
But my question is:

at the highest scale, rendering an 8x8 shp of 42MB is slow.