raster with large grid cell size shifting

Simon Haddon simon at SIBERN.COM.AU
Tue Nov 20 19:15:08 EST 2007

Hi,

I wasn't quiet sure what subject heading to give this problem.  I hope it
is ok.

I have a map file which creates maps in decimal degrees.  The data is a
mix raster and vector.  It is the raster data which I am having trouble
with.

If I have any raster data with a large grid cell size (ie: 25 km) the
generated map always has complete pixels (cells) created.  There are never
any truncated pixels.  As a result pixels don't even maintain their
correct relative position and can be seen differently, compared to the
overlayed point and polygon data, depending on how fair you move or resize
the map.

If I move the map a whole pixel cell size the pixels redraw in their
correct position.  If a move the map 1/2 a pixel cell size then the pixels
move to fit the image.  This can also extend to stretching the pixel cells
to always ensure that a complete set of cells are displayed on the map

Has anyone had any experience with this problem and does anyone have any
suggestions about how to fix it.