PHP Mapscript: Map extent not being set to what I am passing setExtent on my map object

Matt Pettis matt.pettis at THOMSON.COM
Mon Nov 26 16:24:14 EST 2007

Hi,

I am passing an extent to my map object to set it, but it is not being
set to what I am telling it.  I cannot find an error -- can someone look
at it?  Here's the relevant code:

=== PHP code ===

echo "<pre>buf_max_extent is: "; print_r( $buf_max_extent ); echo
"</pre><br>\n";
$map->setExtent($buf_max_extent[1],$buf_max_extent[2],$buf_max_extent[3]
,$buf_max_extent[4]);
echo "<pre>final extent is: "; print_r( $map->extent ); echo
"</pre><br>\n";

=== End PHP code ===

=== HTTP Output ===
buf_max_extent is: Array
(
    [1] => 490059.61375
    [2] => 5163285.525
    [3] => 764351.51125
    [4] => 5388702.975
)

final extent is: ms_rect_obj Object
(
    [_handle_] => Resource id #7
    [minx] => 476927.2625
    [miny] => 5163285.525
    [maxx] => 777483.8625
    [maxy] => 5388702.975
)
=== End HTTP Output ===
tia,
matt

It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are
broken that we come to repair the world.
-- Murray Waas