Multiple adjacent shape file and postGIS?

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 27 23:09:55 EST 2007

Er, I hope I'm not asking the wrong question here.

I'm about to try MapServer with postGIS spatial
database. I have tried converting SHP file to postGIS
table using this guide:
http://www.bostongis.com/?content_name=postgis_tut01

And it was quite successful.

However, my real data is multiple adjacent SHPs. When
using SHP files for Map Server, I can use tile
indexing. But now I'm going to use postGIS table.

So the question is: how can I convert all those
adjacent shape files to a postGIS table? Is there any
'append' feature that I haven't been aware of?

Many thanks,
-Kresh

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with women, with marriage, with God, religions, bars, nightclubs, computer games, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.