layerObj.queryByAttributes changed with Oracle

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Thu Nov 29 11:39:40 EST 2007

Hi Fernando

Thanks for your quick response!

Since in many cases the where-part is more complex the easiest  solution
for me
is to omit the second parameter:
  alayerObj.queryByAttributes(aMapObj, null,
"ID=4711",mapscript./MS_SINGLE/);

Mmmh. It looks like this parameter was useless all the time anyway!

Thank you very much!
Benedikt

PS: The documentation in
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/referencemanual-all-pages
states, that FILTERITEM is only used in conjunction with OGR/Shapefile.

Fernando Simon <fsimon at univali.br> schrieb am 29.11.2007 16:57:40:

> Hi Benedikt,
>     This is a Oracle Spatial driver change for 5.0. And the source of
> this issue was relate with some Filter/FilterItem problems for Oracle
> Spatial in early versions (4.x).
>     The osFilterItem function in the source code is relate with FILTER
> and FILTERITEM definitions for Mapfile (you can see here:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/referencemanual-all-pages)
> and Mapscript. In the PHPMapscript, the info for queryByAttribute relate
> that the parameters that you pass will overwrite what you define for
> FILTER/FILTERITEM in Mapfile. In the same doc for queryByAttribute:
> "qitem is the item (attribute) on which the query is performed, and
> qstring is the expression to match."
>      In the source code for 5.0 version this is a new (maybe better)
> interpretation for the docs. I believe that this new way is better when
> compared with the docs.
>      Best regards.
>
> Fernando Simon
>

> Benedikt Rothe wrote:
> >
> > Hello List
> >
> > I'm using Mapserer with Oracle/Java-Mapscript and migrating my app
> > from Mapserver 4.x to Mapserer 5.x
> > and have a problem with layerObj.queryByAttributes.
> >
> > I used to query features with code like this:
> >   alayerObj.queryByAttributes(aMapObj, "ID", "ID=4711",
> > mapscript./MS_SINGLE/);
> > In Mapserver 5 this code  results in an Mapserver-Error-Message
> > stating, that the "SQL command is not properly ended".
> >
> > The Mapserver-generated SQL-Command includes a Where-Clause of the
> > form "ID = ID = 4711".
> >
> > I had a look in maporaclespatial.c function "osFilteritem".
> > Follwing code seems to produce this Where-Clause:
> >  if (layer->filteritem != NULL)
> >  {
> >    sprintf (query_str + strlen(query_str), " %s = ",
layer->filteritem);