Changing projection via cgi request using 5.0

Oliver Wesp wesp at GDV.COM
Mon Oct 1 11:22:18 EDT 2007

Dear List,

I'm trying to change the map projection via cgi. To my understanding this
should work using the map.projection or map_projection syntax. Unfortunatley
it doesn't. I like to set the projection by using the corresponding espg
code. I searched the archives and did some experiments using 4.10.2. With
4.10.2 it's working using the complete projection string

...&map_PROJECTION=proj%3dortho,lon_0%3d-90,lat_0%3d-10

or the epsg code like

...&map_PROJECTION=init%3depsg:4326

With Mapserver 5.0 it seems like map_PROJECTION or map.PROJECTION is simply
ignored returning the map in the projection defined in the mapfile no matter
what's passed with the url string. Changing other mapfile parameters like a
class style or something works fine. Am I missing something?

best regards,
Oliver