CGI, IIS, Windows 2003

Barend Köbben kobben at ITC.NL
Sun Oct 7 14:53:08 EDT 2007

This sounds OK, it seems to be the same setup I have on our IIS on Winserver2003. The only difference seems to be I only put mapserv.exe in the Web service EXtension "allowed" list and called called the virDir application ""cgi-bin" instead of "mapserver"...

Have you made sure to put execute permissions of the Application to "script and executables" ?
--
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and  Earth Observation (ITC)
PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
ph: +31-(0)534874253; mobile: +31-(0)622344955

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Richard Greenwood
Sent: Sun 07/10/2007 18:47
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] CGI, IIS, Windows 2003

I am having trouble getting CGI mapserver running under IIS on Windows
Server 2003. Steps that I've done:

Created a Web Service Extension "mapserver"
   Added mapserv.exe and all .dll
Created Virtual Directory
   Assigned Application Name: "mapserver"

But trying to execute mapserv.exe I get:
   403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Rich

--