4D Raster access NOT via WMS?

Samuel Hiatt samhiatt at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 11 17:05:21 EDT 2007

Hi!  Thanks for the reply.

So I suppose when I make a WMS request with TIME Mapserver applies the
filter behind the scenes, finding which feature in my tile_index.shp
represents the correct time and then processes the raster pointed to by that
feature?  So if I want to implement the same kind of thing with mapscript
I'd have to write the filter myself?

The reason I am interested in doing this is to extend temporal functionality
to ka-map.  I may end up abandoning that approach and moving to a javascript
WMS client (like OpenLayers of MapBuilder) instead.

Thanks for your help.

Sam