AW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] wfs server and encoding

Arnd Wippermann arndw at WTAL.DE
Thu Oct 25 15:24:01 EDT 2007

Hello Eric,

That's wrong. Loading WFS-layers from MapServer with OpenLayers works with
FF and IE.

(OpenLayers 2.5, MapServer 4.10)

http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/SphericalMercator/OL_900913_frame
s.html

This is the head part of the WFS-response get with Firebug:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<wfs:FeatureCollection
   xmlns:ms="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver"
   xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
   xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
   xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
                       http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver
http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples
/SphericalMercator/!SphericalMercator.asp&amp;Service=WFS?SERVICE=WFS&amp;VE
RSION=1.0.0&amp;REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType
&amp;TYPENAME=POLYGONS&amp;OUTPUTFORMAT=XMLSCHEMA">
      <gml:boundedBy>
      	<gml:Box srsName="EPSG:900913">

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann