Problems with SDE+Oracle

Armin W. armin.waespy at LUBW.BWL.DE
Wed Oct 31 11:21:43 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I'm trying to connect to SDE and Oracle (Locator). I'm using the latest ms4w
and followed the instructions on the Readme Install
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html) to
connect to ArcSDE and Oracle. I installed both clients but nothing works!

If I want to show a Layer based on SDE I got following error:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'states'.
loadCustomLayerDLL: General error message. Failed to load dynamic Layer LIB:
C:/ArcGIS/ArcSDE/bin/sde.dll msGetSymbol(): General error message. Can't
load requested dynamic library: C:/ArcGIS/ArcSDE/bin/sde.dll

I tried several paths to link to sde.dll and also to msplugin_sde_92.dll (as
in the ms4w readme)

If I want to connect to an oracle Layer, a promt offers to download mapserv.exe.

Anybody an idea what I'm doing wrong??