Antwort: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problems with SDE+Oracle

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Wed Oct 31 11:56:26 EDT 2007

Hi

My experience is, that following DLL's are needed:
* sde.dll
* sg.dll
* pe.dll

I copied them from the ArcSDE-SDK-directory.
I think they are also in the C:\programme\ArcGIS\bin-directory.

You should copy them in the directory od mapserv.exe or expand your
PATH-environment.

Bye
Benedikt Rothe

UMN MapServer Users List <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU> schrieb am
31.10.2007 16:21:43:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to connect to SDE and Oracle (Locator). I'm using the latest
ms4w
> and followed the instructions on the Readme Install
> (http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html) to
> connect to ArcSDE and Oracle. I installed both clients but nothing
works!

> If I want to show a Layer based on SDE I got following error:
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'states'.
> loadCustomLayerDLL: General error message. Failed to load dynamic Layer
LIB: