Can anyone email a MapServer cgi binary package for redhat?

Tara Athan tara_athan at ALT2IS.COM
Fri Sep 7 11:45:25 EDT 2007

SSH (secure shell access) is available from a number of cheap web hosts
(under $10(US) per month) including dreamhost, bluehost, HostMonster and
Hosting.com.ru
It seems like a logical first step would be to thoroughly address this
scenario and move on to "file upload only" after that is successfully
handled.
I see a couple of steps:
1. someone with the appropriate level of Linux expertise to experiment
with enough of these webhosting services to determine the configurations
and settings needed for a broad variety of circumstances (different
shells, different Linux flavors);
2. someone with extensive Mapserver expertise to document any dangerous
practices that a novice mapserver user should avoid in order to keep
from crashing the server or unexpectedly demanding high amounts of
bandwidth or memory, that could cause the hosting service to disable the
account or charge extra for exceeding account limitations.

I will be attending FOSS4G2007 and would be interested in hearing this
discussed.
Tara

--
My e-mail delivery has been unreliable lately, so I am asking for
return receipts from all my email messages.

Tara Athan
Principal, Alternatives to Invasive Species
tara_athan at alt2is.com
707-485-1198
PO Box 415
Redwood Valley, CA 95470