Oracle Spatial problem

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Mon Sep 10 08:37:05 EDT 2007

Hi David,
The error: "OracleSpatial not supported" occurs whne the version of
Mapserver that you are using don't contains the connection with
OracleSpatial enabled. To fix this you have two ways, the first is use a
version with this support, and the second is compile Mapserver by yourself.
The blank image can occur because the objects from your layer was not
inside of the extent that you defined. Another issue can be with
OracleSpatial, how did you imported the data in database? Are you use
shape or library? If yes, did you execute the SDO_MIGRATE.TO_CURRENT
(you can find more info in the section 17 of the OracleSpatial manual)?
I don't recommend to use the "*" in the data definition, like "select *
from".
Best regards.

Fernando Simon
UMN Mapserver and Oracle spatial developer