Problem with long DATA object in an Oracle LAYER

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at TERRITORIUMONLINE.COM
Mon Sep 10 12:13:29 EDT 2007

Damien Corpataux wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I ran into memory corrption with a long sql query in the DATA object,
> for an Oracle LAYER. It is obviously due to Mapserver memory allocation
> mechanism. The corruption occurs when the DATA is longer than ca. 2037
> characters.
>
> Do you know if Mapserver has a way of modifying the possible allocated
> memory limit? In header files? By applying a patch?
>
> Any idea is welcome!

Damien,

replace all occurrences of table_name[2000] with table_name[n] (where n
is the maximum data statement length you would like to have) in
maporaclespatial.c. That should fix it.

Best regards,
Andreas Albarello
Analysis & SW Development

Territorium Online srl/GmbH
Via Buozzi/Buozzistraße 12 - I 39100 Bolzano/Bozen
email: andreas.albarello at territoriumonline.com
web:   www.territoriumonline.com