Agg and resampling

Rob McCulley RMcCulley at COUNTY24.COM
Mon Sep 10 15:39:25 EDT 2007

Okay,

I've finally had a moment to sit down and look at this again.  I'm using
the latest version of ms4w beta, which is based on beta 6.  On all of my
imagery, tiled or not, using the processing setting of
"RESAMPLE=BILINEAR" results in the raster layer not being drawn.  There
are no error messages, and a map image is created, but the raster layer
is not drawn.  Using either "RESAMPLE=NEAREST" and "RESAMPLE=AVERAGE"
results in the layer being drawn fine.  If I switch to using GD for
output, then "RESAMPLE=BILINEAR" works as it should, and the raster
layer is drawn.

Anyone else run into this?

Rob McCulley

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Rob McCulley
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:19 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Agg and resampling

Hi All,

Agg doesn't seem to be able to use resampling in tiled raster layers.
This is my raster layer:

     LAYER # Aerials_2003

          NAME Aerials_2003

          GROUP RemoteSensing

          TILEINDEX "Aerials_2003.shp"

          TILEITEM "location"

          STATUS DEFAULT

          TYPE RASTER

          PROCESSING "RESAMPLE=BILINEAR"

          OPACITY 70

          MAXSCALEDENOM 75000

          DEBUG ON

     END

and this is my output format:

     OUTPUTFORMAT

            NAME "AGG_JPEG"

            DRIVER "AGG/JPEG"

            MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"

            IMAGEMODE RGB

            EXTENSION "jpg"

            FORMATOPTION QUALITY=80

     END

Then the raster layer does not draw.  There are no errors at all, but no
raster layer.  If I comment the PROCESSING line out, then the raster
layer appears.  If I leave the PROCESSING line in, and change the output
format to GD/JPEG, then the raster layer appears.

The output of shp2img with debug level set to 2 with the PROCESSING line
and agg output is:

msDrawRasterLayerLow(Aerials_2003): entering.

msResampleGDALToMap in effect: cellsize = 1.000000

msDrawGDAL(Aerials_2003): using RAW_WINDOW=6244 2998 914 913

msDrawGDAL(): red,green,blue,alpha bands = 1,0,0,0

msDrawMap(): Layer 0 (Aerials_2003), 0.172s

msDrawMap(): Layer 1 (ParcelLines), 0.016s

msDrawMap(): Layer 2 (CadastralLabelsParcel), 0.015s

msDrawMap(): Layer 6 (Pipes), 0.016s

msDrawMap(): Layer 7 (Abandoned_Pipes), 0.015s

msDrawMap(): Layer 8 (New_Pipes), 0.000s

msDrawMap(): Layer 9 (ForeignPipelines), 0.016s

msDrawMap(): Layer 10 (TapStations), 0.016s

msDrawMap(): Layer 11 (RegStations), 0.015s

msDrawMap(): Layer 12 (Wells), 0.016s

msDrawMap(): Layer 13 (Major-Water), 0.016s

msDrawMap(): Layer 14 (Minor-Water), 0.015s

msDrawMap(): Drawing Label Cache, 0.016s

msDrawMap() total time: 0.344s

It appears to be resampling the image, but the raster layer doesn't
appear.

Is this a bug, or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

Rob McCulley