Antwort: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem with long DATA object in an Oracle LAYER

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Tue Sep 11 03:41:31 EDT 2007

Hi Emmanuell

If your project is stuck with this problem: In cases like this, I always
try to avoid long SQL-statements in mapfiles
anyway. Instead I put the complexity in a  view and use in the mapfile
just this view.

Benedikt Rothe

UMN MapServer Users List <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU> schrieb am
10.09.2007 18:28:00:

> Hi Fernando,
>
> thank you for investigating. We need this for a project, where it is not
> possible to use PostGIS.
>
> Do you have an idea how long it would take to fix the problem? Can we
> help you in some manner?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Emmanuel
>

> Fernando Simon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >    I will investigate the problem. I believe that it's relate with the
> > msSplitData function in the driver source code.
> >    Thanks for the reply about the error.
> >    Best regards.

> > Fernando Simon
> > UMN Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer
> >
> > Emmanuel BELO wrote:
> >> After some investigation, we could identify that this occurs only
with
> >> an Oracle connector. It's not reproducible with a PostGIS connection.
> >>
> >> Here our testcase outline:
> >>

> >>   LAYER
> >>     CONNECTION "user/password at myoracleoracle9instance"
> >>     CONNECTIONTYPE ORACLESPATIAL
> >>     DATA "[Put a query larger than 2037 characters here]"
> >>       METADATA
> >>       END
> >>     NAME "oracle_test_layer"
> >>     PROJECTION
> >>       "init=epsg:4326"
> >>     END
> >>     SIZEUNITS PIXELS
> >>     STATUS ON
> >>     TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
> >>     TYPE POLYGON
> >>     UNITS METERS
> >>     CLASS
> >>       METADATA
> >>       END
> >>       STYLE
> >>         ANGLE 360
> >>         OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
> >>       END
> >>     END
> >>   END
> >>
> >> You can build a large sql query by adding a lot of "always true"
> >> clauses, or by padding it with a lot of spaces
> >> eg. shape from (select shape from my_table where 'djfksdhfjkdsf' =
> >> 'djfksdhfjkdsf' and 'djfksdhfjkdsf' = 'djfksdhfjkdsf' [...])
> >>

> >> Best regards,

2037