Question about Labels

Jelmer Baas jelmerbs at XS4ALL.NL
Thu Sep 13 06:10:16 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while since I posted here, everything went pretty
smooth so far.

Now I have a small problem with labels. We have MapInfo .TAB files,
which are converted from AutoCAD drawings (meaning everything is in one
layer).
When I open one of these files in MapInfo, I can see labels on some
places. When I draw the map with MapServer, I see only the (poly)lines.

So, I added an extra layer of type Annotation. This, by default, doesn't
show me any layers. So I need to add LABELITEM, but I have no idea what
layers need to be labeled. Also, this changes with every file that's
being drawn.

Does anyone know how to tell MapServer to draw labels "The MapInfo" way?

My current layer definition:

LAYER
	NAME topo
	MINSCALE 1