Segmentation fault - mapserver - postgis

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Sep 13 08:47:54 EDT 2007

Bengt Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run mapserver as a static fastcgi (WMS)application but gets
> Segmenttaion fault every second time I request a map from the server. After
> that, the fastcgi server is restarted and works for one request again, and so
> on..
>
> My configuration is Apache 2.2.6, mod_fastcgi 2.4.2, mapserver 4.10.0,
> postgis 1.2.1, postgresql 8.1.4

Bengt,

I would be willing to follow up on this issue privately as I suspect an
issue in my fastcgi implementation within MapServer.  It would be helpful
if you could file a bug report and attach a mapfile, and dump of a minimal
table sufficient to reproduce the problem.   Please assign the problem
directly to me (userid "warmerdam").

I would also appreciate it if you could test the problem with
the current MapServer RC though that isn't strictly necessary.

Best regards,