scale problem

Giuseppe De Rossi giuseppe.derossi at EMAIL.IT
Thu Sep 13 16:57:09 EDT 2007

Hi
I've pointed that when
I put the scale to 1000 (or 1/1000), in the map 1 mm should be egual to 1
meter, well, if I print the map and I try to measure it by using a real
meter line I see that the map is stretched.
I don't know if it is only my experence. Please, try to print a Map after
setting the scale to a normalized value as for example 1/1000, now on your
paper try to measure a distance by using a line: the number of n millimeters
should correspond to n meters, but the line will measure a different number
of millimeters.
Is that your experience too ? is there anybody who can explain me this item,
and is there solution in order to have a phisical millimeter on the paper
when I set the scale to 1/1000 ?

Another issue: how can I get the meter (graphical) line under the main map
to have  normalized values as factor of 10 ie 10,10... 100 meters etc ?
The target consists on using the map as a valid measurement tool.

thaks to everybody

 Sponsor:
 Cerchi un’auto usata, vuoi vendere il camper o il cellulare? Prova Email.it
Annunci, pochi click per pubblicare e trovare ciò che vuoi!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6893&d=20070913