Portable mapserver ms4w

Laura Poggio laura.poggio at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 16 04:31:22 EDT 2007

Dear list,
I have a web application based on mapserver and p.mapper. I need to
distribute it on cd-rom (or usb support), but the distributed version has to
be fully dynamically working, i.e. map panning and zooming, queries, pop-up
windows and all. I am working in Windows XP enviroment.
I think I need then a portable version of Apache, PHP, MySQL (as I am using
it as database) and of course mapserver. I found different portable AMP
environments ( http://pampa.phpsoft.it/#features or
http://www.uni-d.net/index.php?s=proj&id=3#1.1.0), but nothing with already
mapserver.
Is it already existing a "portable version" of ms4w?
Is it necessary to modify some of the existing AMP packages? and in case are
the instructions existing somewhere?
I would like to avoid to have to compile mapserver from scratch, but maybe
is it possible to use part of the ms4w package and to "mix" it with the
existing AMP package ...

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.

Laura