[mapserver-users] Dynamic Mapserver Technology

Doug Williams williams at websawyer.com
Tue Apr 1 19:03:16 EDT 2008

Hi Stef,

One good solution is imagemaps.  Mapserver makes fair imagemaps for
polygons, so should do for creating imagemaps that with a bit of
typical html wizardry could be incorporated into a page to display
information about polygons without clicking on the map, just mousing
over.  I found that mapserver was not giving specific enough
information about points to the imagemap, so I modified my source
just a bit and now get imagemaps for point layers that can provide
information about every point on the map on one web page ... not a
need to click and wait for a new page for each point anymore.  Just
mouse over the point and the info is displayed.

Doug