[mapserver-users] flash swf output

Florin A. pianosnake at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 13:57:26 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a couple of suggestions for the SWF output which would really
help with making more interesting applications:

-THE most important: name the objects in the swf so they can be
accessed by ActionScript
-define the rollover, rollout, press and release actions in one
prototype in the root.  this will not break any existing applications
and will reduce file size a bit.
-allow the user to set the amount by which the resolution can be
reduced. how much is lost with FULL_RESOLUTION=FALSE ?
-line thickness for vector lines

I'd like to help work on some of these things,  but I need some
guidance. Maybe a google summer of code thing? I am a student ....

Also, the page at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/FlashMapserverUserDoc.html
should be updated to indicate that the new version of XAMPP contains a
compiled version of Ming 0.4 for Windows.

Florin