[mapserver-users] PHP Mapscript question

alim karim alim.karim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 11:57:26 EDT 2008

this is my first time posting to this list - i hope my question falls under
a topic that is discussed here.

i am building a user interface which will allow users to change basic layer
appearance such as color and symbols. this is done by reading an existing
mapfile and applying the changes mentioned earlier. the layer definitions
within the mapfile are not complex at all, each one only has one default
class.

modifying the color was not a big deal using $style->color->setRGB() once
the style is found within the class.

i would also like the user to be presented with a list of all the symbols
defined in the mapfile that i am working with. i have gone through the API
but haven't come across any functions that will allow me to accomplish this.
does such functionality exist in the API?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

ak