[mapserver-users] OSS application to serve file based images

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Wed Apr 9 08:19:48 EDT 2008

IMHO, I believe that you can replicate the functionalities of those two
commercial software products by writing your own scripts in whatever OSS
  solution you choose. Lots of work and know-how is required. While in
Image Server for example, you just run some wizard-like UIs and get the
job done much easier. But don't take my word for that, I'm one of the
"experts" that believe that you *can* load and server images from a
database server.
Best regards,
Ivan