[mapserver-users] Mapserver and Microsoft SQL Server 2008

Fuchs Juan Carlos jfuch at indec.mecon.gov.ar
Wed Apr 9 08:02:54 EDT 2008

Hi:

Let´s face the challenge!
the big question here is:
it is posible to tile geodata stored in spatial SQL ??

Here goes my first aproach:
divide display accord scale and relevance
say principal roads for the broad view
add data in a relation 20 to one, you just display one small part (one fo
twenty)
if you go to detail scale take 1 to 100.

second aproach.
tile the data using some grid aproach, following the same criteria.
store the tile in your spatial SQL and go for the tile when you address the
DATA statment.

I will tray it by myself, but will be nice to hear some comments fo our
guru´s.

sorry, my english still sucks. :p

JC.