[mapserver-users] WMS for SRTM ? How to implement?

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Fri Apr 11 03:59:11 EDT 2008

Hi there,

shouldn't be too complicated to include a WMS into one's own
mapservice, no? But, don't know why, although I've already done this a
couple of years ago, I don't succeed in a) finding the right way to
program the map file code and b) finding a working WMS example. Many
links are dead ( for example from this site: http://en.giswiki.net/wiki/WMS
  ), or without instructions.

Can someone point me to a working WMS server and give me a hint how
the map file layer should look like? I've this here:

LAYER
   NAME modis
   TYPE RASTER
   STATUS ON
   CONNECTION "http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/browse.cgi?wms_server=wms.cgi&layers=modis&srs=EPSG:4326
"
   CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
   METADATA
     "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4236"
     "wms_name"            "modis"
     "wms_format"          "image/jpeg"
   END
END

Thanks for any advice,

Stef

   Stefan Schwarzer

   Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography
   http://photoblog.la-famille-schwarzer.de

   Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal:
   http://geodata.grid.unep.ch