AW: [mapserver-users] JGW+JPG -> TIFF

Janosch.Skrobek at trier.de Janosch.Skrobek at trier.de
Mon Apr 14 09:36:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I was able to implement one of the pictures into a new layer like you described. Two new problems turn up.

1) The image quality is really bad, the picture gets all reddish and yellowish and seems to loose pixels. I use PNG as format for all my maps. All the other (polygon) look ok this way. I tried PNG24 but I'm loosing transparency there. Is there another recommendable image-format? or what can I do to improve the picture quality in mapserver?

2) I have 80 orthofotos. Since I don't want to add a layer for each one I created a tileindex with gdaltindex.exe ... the created dbf file contains one column called LOCATION and has all the name of my jpegs in it but when I use it in mapserver the screen stays white, no pictures show up. Anyone having ideas on this?

Thank you
Janosch